Sunday 26 April 2015

46. New stuff and a Gallery

So after the last post I've been trying to crack on with some more creative projects.

First port of call was to find a way to share these with you.
I created a personal Flickr account so I can share pictures on here. It can be found via the Gallery link in the navigation bar.
Alternatively you can click here.

With that out the way, I set about doing some drawing, painting and other stuff.

The later is what I want to show you today!

Sometime back I bought some Amiibo's with the sole intention of customising them and selling them.
While I still think I'll do this, it wont be with these ones.
These are more of a test for personal use.


So, first up we have Kirby.

001

My Kirby Amiibo is named Rubber Ross in honour of Ross from Game Grumps. Therefore it had to be blue!

I set about prepping the Amiibo for painting when I noticed the horrendous mold lines.

002

If I'm going to do these things, I'm going to do them right, so that had to be filled.

003

004

Much better.

While that dried I thought I'd get started on the second one.


My second Amiibo is Pikachu.
I was slightly disappointing to find that Pichu was not in Smash Bro's Wiiu.
While browsing the different colours and costumes in the game I noticed that there was a Pikachu with goggle, much like the Pichu with goggles from the older versions of the game.
Therefore Pichu Sr was born!

001

This one would require less painting, but more sculpting to create the goggles.
Luckily the Wiiu has a stage with a mirror so i could see all the angles I needed.

002

I started out by marking a rough set of goggles using a pen and some low tack modelling masking tape.

003

I then took a piece of plasticard...

004

...and cut out some goggles.

005

Using this method again I started to make templates for the straps.

006

To make the straps I used some expoy putty. I rolled it into sausage shapes and then smoothed those shapes over the templates.

When these are starting to dry I'll attach them to the Amiibo and start shaping them.

That is all for now.

Until next time

-DH-




No comments:

Post a Comment