Tuesday 12 April 2016

67. Twitch


So, if you didn't already know, I started a Twitch channel some time ago.


I started streaming on Twitch for a number of reasons that all stem from one feeling.

Frustration.

Self confidence is something I've had beaten out of me over the years.
As a result I'm not overly confident in my ability to anything.

So, a few years back I had the desire to start a YouTube channel.
Me and a Friend got super excited about it, and started making plans and doing research.
He was exactly what i thought I lacked; the 'not so grump' to my 'grump.'
But when push came to shove, he bailed.

This happens often, and eventually, I'd just had enough.

So I decided to go it alone.
I set up a channel, but couldn't bring myself to record anything, until Twitch happened.

Twitch gives you the ground to just make something.
No editing, no do overs.

So I started streaming, editing the recordings of streams, and uploading them to my YouTube channel.

While I've gotten better, this isn't really what I wanted to do.

I wanted to do YouTube because it would be fun.
I just want to share those moments with other people, and I do, on occasion, because of Twitch and YouTube.
But I want something more immediate.

So, here I am, frustrated again.
The wheels are in motion, but with no destination.
I was never one for wanderlust, so I'll try to find somewhere.

-DH-



No comments:

Post a Comment