Friday 29 May 2015

53. Custom Paintjob: Mice and Mystics part 2.

I have been smashing out this project so far.

After prepping the models I gave all the heroes a quick base coat to help distinguish them from each other... but as that is pretty dull I'll share with you something a little more interesting.

I spent a great deal of time painting on of the enemy creatures; the centipede.
Some of you may know this already if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter.

Here is the sneak preview I sent out a couple of days ago;



011

I continued working on it yesterday, giving the carapace some highlights and detail.


012



013

The bottom half of the second picture is the most true to life in terms of colour and clarity.
The highlights don't jump out with absurd amount of brightness, but they are noticeable at a distance, and look pretty good close up too.

The base is set to match the colour of the tiles in the game, while retaining a bit of a rubble/ lose ground feel.
I think the contrast between grey and brown/ cold and warm colours works quite well.

I'm really happy with how it is turning out so far.

Still a little more to do on this guy.

So, as always, if you have any questions about the modeling, sculpting or painting progress then feel free to drop me a comment or hit me up @DarkHaZZl3 on Twitter.
Also, follow me on Instagram for sneak peaks and other general stuff!

Ciao.

-DH-

No comments:

Post a Comment